SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization. SEO is an optimization technique which helps search engines to find and rank your website higher than other websites. When a user writes a query in the search engine then the search engine returns results relevant to the search query.
Users generally visit those pages which are on the top of the page because they are more relevant to the search query than other results. So, SEO technique is used to rank website higher than others in order to obtain marketing and awareness.
What is A Search Engine?
A search engine is a website which is used by internet users to find information related to anything. Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. are such examples of search engines.
What Does A Keyword Mean?
Search query is known as keyword in IT field. A keyword is the query that is entered by user in the text box of search engine.
Keywords which are most popular drive most traffic but some unique keywords should be targeted that are specific to your website, as they can drive traffic when user enters some specific or unique keywords. Unique keyword means less competition and more chances of higher rank in the search engine than other websites which have common keywords.
SEO technique when done effectively drives most traffic to your websites and is beneficial to sell your products and services regardless of the quality of the products and services. SEO is very beneficial for e-commerce websites. Now-a-days SEO is a very much growing trend in IT industry.
In today’s era SEO has become very important for an e-commerce business in order to drive more customers to business as many people use search engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. to get appropriate results of their queries. SEO can drive much traffic to any e-commerce business and can help business in creating potential customers, generating profit and revenue by placing the e-commerce site on the top of SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
The traffic achieved by SEO is called organic traffic. SEO methods are very effective in building and continuous and steady visitors to e-commerce websites. The effectiveness of this traffic can be measured by comparing effectiveness of offline advertisements and effectiveness of online campaigns.
SEO techniques are very beneficial for an e-commerce website, if SEO is done very effectively and efficiently then the results obtained last for a long time and provides steady and continuous users and customers to e-commerce websites.
For an effective SEO technique, relevant Meta, keywords, description should be used. Unique keywords should be targeted, so that the websites face less competition. Common and popular keywords have tough competition so unique keywords should be targeted.
The complete process of SEO is wasted if the visitors come, visit the site and go away without any interaction. So, SEO should be done carefully and effectively in order to obtain maximum profit and revenue. SEO is important for both profitable and non profitable websites. SEO is generally used for making the websites popular among people by raking the websites high in the Search Engine Result Pages.
SEO gives surprisingly effective results in a short time if done efficiently, SEO is used for generating traffic to the site but there are also other applications of SEO like branding, marketing and ideological influence of the website.
Following are the value generating objectives of SEO –
1. Generating Traffic – Content that is keyword targeted produces direct traffic to your website. Content provides great results in less time. SEO generates direct traffic to your website when your site is optimized for relevant keywords typed by user.
Keywords should be unique, not common, because competition is very high for common and popular keywords rather than unique and different keywords.
2. Branding - Branding is less popular application of SEO. Branding means brand recognition or brand awareness among people. A website’s pages which are consistently at the top of search engine ranking get traffic, popularity and profit.
3. Marketing – SEO is also used for marketing the products and services of any e-commerce website. SEO builds customers and generates revenue for the e- commerce website.
4. Ideological Impact – Who want public opinion about their websites on a particular topic, SEO is very powerful tool to promote your ideas and content of your website.
5. E- Commerce Purpose – SEO drives relevant traffic to e-commerce websites, which boosts the sale of the products and services offered by the websites.
SEO should be done after identifying the goals or objectives of company. All goals should be given importance in optimization so that the site may get proper attention of users or customers in all services offered by the company.